Associate Professor Leigh Johnston
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Medical Imaging
- Signal Processing
Associate Professor Leigh Johnston is a member of the Department of Biomedical Engineering within the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering. Her primary research focus is medical imaging, in particular Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Leigh holds an honorary appointment at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, where she is Head of the Animal MRI facility. She is also a member of the Melbourne Brain Centre Imaging Unit, with research programs utilising the Siemens 7T and Siemens PET/CT clinical systems on the Parkville campus. Leigh’s expertise in MRI spans from acquisition sequences to image analysis and applications. Prior to her appointment at The University of Melbourne, Leigh was a postdoctoral researcher at the Howard Florey Institute (Melbourne), York University (Canada), and the Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium).
- Blunck Y, Josan S, Taqdees SW, Moffat B, Ordidge R, Cleary J, Johnston L. 3D-multi-echo radial imaging of 23Na (3D-MERINA) for time-efficient multi-parameter tissue compartment mapping. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. John Wiley & Sons. 2017.
- Warda Taqdees S, Ng A, Wright DK, Tolcos M, Johnston L. Analysis of ADC model robustness in diffusion-weighted MRI. Proceedings - International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging. The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017.
- Shishegar R, Joshi AA, Tolcos M, Walker DW, Johnston L. Automatic segmentation of fetal brain using diffusion-weighted imaging cues. Proceedings - International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging. The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017.
- Wright D, Johnston L, Kershaw J, Ordidge R, O'Brien T, Shultz S. Changes in Apparent Fiber Density and Track-Weighted Imaging Metrics in White Matter following Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury. JOURNAL OF NEUROTRAUMA. Mary Ann Liebert Publishers. 2017, Vol. 34, Issue 13.
- Korte J, Layton KJ, Tahayori B, Farrell P, Moore SM, Johnston L. NMR spectroscopy using Rabi modulated continuous wave excitation. BIOMEDICAL SIGNAL PROCESSING AND CONTROL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 33.
- Karve I, Zhang H, Habgood M, Frugier T, Brody K, Sashindranath M, Ek CJ, Chappaz S, Kile B, Wright D, Wang H, Johnston L, Daglas M, Ates RC, Medcalf RL, Taylor J, Crack P. Ablation of Type-1 IFN Signaling in Hematopoietic Cells Confers Protection Following Traumatic Brain Injury. ENEURO. Society of Neuroscience. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Wright D, Trezise J, Kamnaksh A, Bekdash R, Johnston L, Ordidge R, Semple B, Gardner AJ, Stanwell P, O'Brien T, Agoston DV, Shultz S. Behavioral, blood, and magnetic resonance imaging biomarkers of experimental mild traumatic brain injury. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 6.
- Tahayori B, Khaneja N, Johnston L, Farrell P, Mareels I. Improving the time efficiency of the Fourier synthesis method for slice selection in magnetic resonance imaging. PHYSICA MEDICA-EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL PHYSICS. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 1.
- Liu S, Zheng P, Wright D, Dezsi G, Braine E, Thanh N, Corcoran N, Johnston L, Hovens C, Mayo J, Hudson M, Shultz S, Jones N, O'Brien T. Sodium selenate retards epileptogenesis in acquired epilepsy models reversing changes in protein phosphatase 2A and hyperphosphorylated tau. BRAIN. Oxford University Press. 2016, Vol. 139, Issue 7.
- Swaminathan M, Hill E, Ellis M, Zygorodimos M, Johnston L, Gwynne R, Bornstein J. Video Imaging and Spatiotemporal Maps to Analyze Gastrointestinal Motility in Mice. JOVE-JOURNAL OF VISUALIZED EXPERIMENTS. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016, Issue 108.
- Phillips T, Wright D, Gradie P, Johnston L, Pask A. A Comprehensive Atlas of the Adult Mouse Penis. SEXUAL DEVELOPMENT. Karger. 2015, Vol. 9, Issue 3.
- Close TG, Tournier J, Johnston L, Calamante F, Mareels I, Connelly A. Fourier Tract Sampling (FouTS): A framework for improved inference of white matter tracts from diffusion MRI by explicitly modelling tract volume. NEUROIMAGE. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 120.
- Taqdees SW, Moore S, Wright DK, Tolcos M, Johnston L. LIMITATIONS OF TWO-COMPONENT DIFFUSION MODELS FOR AXON DIAMETER DENSITY ESTIMATION. 2015 IEEE 12th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI). The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 2015-July.
- Warner CE, Kwan WC, Wright D, Johnston L, Egan G, Bourne JA. Preservation of Vision by the Pulvinar following Early-Life Primary Visual Cortex Lesions. CURRENT BIOLOGY. Cell Press. 2015, Vol. 25, Issue 4.
- Shishegar R, Manton J, Walker DW, Britto J, Johnston L. QUANTIFYING GYRIFICATION USING LAPLACE BELTRAMI EIGENFUNCTION LEVEL-SETS. 2015 IEEE 12th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI). The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 2015-July.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile