Professor Andrew Ooi
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent flow
Professor Andrew Ooi is an academic staff member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Associate Dean (Academic) in the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Prof Ooi graduated with a BEng in 1993 and PhD in 1997 from the University of Melbourne. Prior to his current appointment, Andrew worked at the Center for Turbulence Research (CTR) at NASA Ames, Stanford University and as a research scientist at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Heat transfer
- Bubble acoustics.
- Chan L, MacDonald M, Chung D, Hutchins N, Ooi A. Analysis of the coherent and turbulent stresses of a numerically simulated rough wall pipe. 15th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics (15ACFM). Institute of Physics Publishing. 2017, Vol. 822, Issue 1. Editors: Tso CP.
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Changes in the boundary-layer structure at the edge of the ultimate regime in vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 825.
- Chen WX, Poon K, Hutchins N, Thondapu V, Barlis P, Ooi A. Computational fluid dynamics study of common stent models inside idealised curved coronary arteries. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 6.
- Liu L, Wei J, Li Y, Ooi A. Evaporation and dispersion of respiratory droplets from coughing. INDOOR AIR. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 1.
- Torii R, Tenekecioglu E, Bourantas C, Poon E, Thondapu V, Gijsen F, Sotomi Y, Onuma Y, Barlis P, Ooi A, Serruys PW. Five-year follow-up of underexpanded and overexpanded bioresorbable scaffolds: self-correction and impact on shear stress. EUROINTERVENTION. Europa Edition. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 17.
- Illesinghe SJ, Manasseh R, Dargaville R, Ooi A. Idealized design parameters of Wave Energy Converters in a range of ocean wave climates. International Journal of Marine Energy. 2017, Vol. 19.
- Li S, Chin C, Thondapu V, Poon K, Monty J, Li Y, Ooi A, Tu S, Barlis P. Numerical and experimental investigations of the flow-pressure relation in multiple sequential stenoses coronary artery. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CARDIOVASCULAR IMAGING. Springer. 2017, Vol. 33, Issue 7.
- Bourne K, Wahono S, Ooi A. Numerical Investigation of Vortex Ring Ground Plane Interactions. JOURNAL OF FLUIDS ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. Amercian Society of Mechanical Engineering. 2017, Vol. 139, Issue 7.
- Chin C, Orlu R, Monty J, Hutchins N, Ooi A, Schlatter P. Simulation of a Large-Eddy-Break-up Device (LEBU) in a Moderate Reynolds Number Turbulent Boundary Layer. 9th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP9). Springer. 2017, Vol. 98, Issue 2.
- Chin C, ÖrlÜ R, Monty J, Hutchins N, Ooi A, Schlatter P. Simulation of a Large-Eddy-Break-up Device (LEBU) in a Moderate Reynolds Number Turbulent Boundary Layer. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion. Springer. 2017, Vol. 98, Issue 2.
- Jiang B, Thondapu V, Barlis P, Poon K, Ooi A. The effects of the pulsatile period on the size of recirculation bubble in the vicinity of stent struts. 15th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics (15ACFM). Institute of Physics Publishing. 2017, Vol. 822, Issue 1. Editors: Tso CP.
- MacDonald M, Chung D, Hutchins N, Chan L, Ooi A, Garcia-Mayoral R. The minimal-span channel for rough-wall turbulent flows. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 816.
- Oehler S, Ooi A, Illingworth S. Actuator and Sensor selection for feedback control of the linearised Ginzburg-Landau equation. 20th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference (AFMC). Australasian Fluid Mechanics Society. 2016.
- Stegeman P, Ooi A, Soria J. Decomposition of Radiating and Non-Radiating Linear Fluctuating Components in Compressible Flows. ADVANCES IN COMPUTATION, MODELING AND CONTROL OF TRANSITIONAL AND TURBULENT FLOWS. World Scientific Publishing Co. 2016. Editors: Sengupta TK, Lele SK, Sreenivasan KR, Davidson PA.
- George N, Ooi A, Moinuddin K, Thorpe G, Marusic I, Chung D. Direct Numerical Simulation of a Turbulent Line Plume in a Confined Region. 20th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference (AFMC). Australasian Fluid Mechanics Society. 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile