Professor Peter Vee Sin Lee
Peter (Vee Sin) Lee is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Peter Lee obtained his BEng in Mechanical Engineering (1st Class Hons. 1991) and PhD (1996) in Bioengineering from the University of Strathclyde, UK, and continued his post-doc in the same university from 1996–1998. He was a Research Fellow with the Biomaterials Group at the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Singapore from 1998–2001. In 2001, he joined the Defence Medical and Environmental Research Institute, DSO National Laboratories, Singapore, as the Head of the Bioengineering Laboratory. He was appointed as an Adjunct Associate Professor from 2002–2008 at the National University of Singapore, Division of Bioengineering. He joined University of Melbourne as a Senior Lecturer in 2008.
- ability to predict and better understand the mechanism of injury, leading to effective prevention strategies. Research spans all three levels, the human, organs and cells. These investigations use human volunteers and computational models to advance our understanding of clinical symptoms, pathological evidence and injury. Computational studies include models to the human brain, head-neck, spine, knee and foot.
- biomechanics for lower limb prostheses and orthoses; CAD/CAM and rapid prototyping methods for prosthetic socket manufacturing to improve artificial limb function and amputee acceptance; development of new materials and methods for low cost prostheses.
- Ackland D, Robinson D, Redhead M, Lee P, Moskaljuk A, Dimitroulis G. A personalized 3D-printed prosthetic joint replacement for the human temporomandibular joint: From implant design to implantation. JOURNAL OF THE MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 69.
- Schuliga M, Jaffar J, Berhan A, Langenbach S, Harris T, Waters D, Lee P, Grainge C, Westall G, Knight D, Stewart A. Annexin A2 contributes to lung injury and fibrosis by augmenting factor Xa fibrogenic activity. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY-LUNG CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY. American Physiological Society. 2017, Vol. 312, Issue 5.
- Mokhtarzadeh H, Yeow CH, Goh JCH, Oetomo D, Ewing K, Lee P. Antagonist muscle co-contraction during a double-leg landing maneuver at two heights. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017.
- Williamson A, Sims N, Thomas C, Lee P, Stevenson M, Whitton R. Biomechanical testing of the calcified metacarpal articular surface and its association with subchondral bone microstructure in Thoroughbred racehorses.. Equine Vet J. 2017.
- Uddin MH, Wang H, Rogerson FM, Lee P, Zhang X. Effects of stimulated aggrecanolysis on nanoscale morphological and mechanical properties of wild-type and aggrecanase-resistant mutant mice cartilages. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL E. Springer. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 8.
- Zhao L, Lee P, Ackland D, Broom ND, Thambyah A. Microstructure Variations in the Soft-Hard Tissue Junction of the Human Anterior Cruciate Ligament. ANATOMICAL RECORD-ADVANCES IN INTEGRATIVE ANATOMY AND EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY. Wiley-Liss. 2017, Vol. 300, Issue 9.
- Boyd A, Moore S, Sader J, Lee P. Modelling apical columnar epithelium mechanics from circumferential contractile fibres. BIOMECHANICS AND MODELING IN MECHANOBIOLOGY. Springer. 2017, Vol. 16, Issue 5.
- Feng X-Q, Lee P, Lim CT. Preface: molecular, cellular, and tissue mechanobiology. ACTA MECHANICA SINICA. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 33, Issue 2.
- Chen WM, Lee SJ, Lee P. Strategies towards rapid generation of forefoot model incorporating realistic geometry of metatarsals encapsulated into lumped soft tissues for personalized finite element analysis. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017.
- Malekipour F, Oetomo D, Lee P. Subchondral bone microarchitecture and failure mechanism under compression: A finite element study. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 55.
- Mokhtarzadeh H, Ewing K, Janssen I, Yeow C-H, Brown N, Lee P. The effect of leg dominance and landing height on ACL loading among female athletes. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 60.
- Wu W, Lee P, Ackland D. The sensitivity of shoulder muscle and joint force predictions to changes in joint kinematics: A Monte-Carlo analysis. GAIT & POSTURE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 54.
- Imbalzano G, Phuong T, Ngo T, Lee P. Three-dimensional modelling of auxetic sandwich panels for localised impact resistance. JOURNAL OF SANDWICH STRUCTURES & MATERIALS. Sage Publications. 2017, Vol. 19, Issue 3.
- Laing S, Lythgo N, Lavranos J, Lee P. Transtibial Prosthetic Socket Shape in a Developing Country: A study to compare initial outcomes in Pressure Cast hydrostatic and Patella Tendon Bearing designs. Gait and Posture. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 58.
- Imbalzano G, Phuong T, Ngo T, Lee P. A numerical study of auxetic composite panels under blast loadings. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2016, Vol. 135.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile