Professor Andrew Ooi
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent flow
Professor Andrew Ooi is an academic staff member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Associate Dean (Academic) in the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Prof Ooi graduated with a BEng in 1993 and PhD in 1997 from the University of Melbourne. Prior to his current appointment, Andrew worked at the Center for Turbulence Research (CTR) at NASA Ames, Stanford University and as a research scientist at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Heat transfer
- Bubble acoustics.
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Bulk scaling in wall-bounded and homogeneous vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 841. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.102
- MacDonald M, Ooi A, Garcia-Mayoral R, Hutchins N, Chung D. Direct numerical simulation of high aspect ratio spanwise-aligned bars. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 843. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.150
- Thondapu V, Tenekecioglu E, Poon K, Collet C, Torii R, Bourantas CV, Chin C, Sotomi Y, Jonker H, Dijkstra J, Revalor E, Gijsen F, Onuma Y, Ooi A, Barlis P, Serruys PW. Endothelial shear stress 5 years after implantation of a coronary bioresorbable scaffold. EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL. WB Saunders Co. 2018, Vol. 39, Issue 18. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx810
- Chan L, MacDonald M, Chung D, Hutchins N, Ooi A. Analysis of the coherent and turbulent stresses of a numerically simulated rough wall pipe. 15th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics (15ACFM). Institute of Physics Publishing. 2017, Vol. 822, Issue 1. Editors: Tso CP. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/822/1/012011
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Changes in the boundary-layer structure at the edge of the ultimate regime in vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 825. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2017.387
- Chen WX, Poon K, Hutchins N, Thondapu V, Barlis P, Ooi A. Computational fluid dynamics study of common stent models inside idealised curved coronary arteries. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2017.1289374
- Poon K, Thondapu V, Revalor E, Ooi A, Barlis P. Coronary optical coherence tomography-derived virtual fractional flow reserve (FFR): anatomy and physiology all-in-one. EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL. WB Saunders Co. 2017, Vol. 38, Issue 48. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx594
- MacDonald M, Ooi A, Hutchins N, Chung D. Direct numerical simulation of high aspect ratio spanwise-aligned bars. 10th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena, TSFP 2017. 2017, Vol. 3. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.150
- Dzaharudin F, Ooi A, Manasseh R. Effects of boundary proximity on monodispersed microbubbles in ultrasonic fields. JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 410. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsv.2017.08.047
- Liu L, Wei J, Li Y, Ooi A. Evaporation and dispersion of respiratory droplets from coughing. INDOOR AIR. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1111/ina.12297
- Torii R, Tenekecioglu E, Bourantas C, Poon K, Thondapu V, Gijsen F, Sotomi Y, Onuma Y, Barlis P, Ooi A, Serruys PW. Five-year follow-up of underexpanded and overexpanded bioresorbable scaffolds: self-correction and impact on shear stress. EUROINTERVENTION. Europa Edition. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 17. DOI: 10.4244/EIJ-D-17-00081
- Zhu S, Zgheib N, Balachandar S, Ooi A. Front dynamics of elliptical gravity currents on a uniform slope. PHYSICAL REVIEW FLUIDS. American Physical Society. 2017, Vol. 2, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevFluids.2.064801
- Chen WX, Poon K, Thondapu V, Hutchins N, Barlis P, Ooi A. Haemodynamic effects of incomplete stent apposition in curved coronary arteries. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 63. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2017.09.016
- Illesinghe S, Manasseh R, Dargaville R, Ooi A. Idealized design parameters of Wave Energy Converters in a range of ocean wave climates. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MARINE ENERGY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 19. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijome.2017.03.003
- Li S, Chin C, Thondapu V, Poon K, Monty J, Li Y, Ooi A, Tu S, Barlis P. Numerical and experimental investigations of the flow-pressure relation in multiple sequential stenoses coronary artery. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CARDIOVASCULAR IMAGING. Springer. 2017, Vol. 33, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1007/s10554-017-1093-3
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile