Professor Andrew Ooi
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent flow
Professor Andrew Ooi is an academic staff member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Associate Dean (Academic) in the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Prof Ooi graduated with a BEng in 1993 and PhD in 1997 from the University of Melbourne. Prior to his current appointment, Andrew worked at the Center for Turbulence Research (CTR) at NASA Ames, Stanford University and as a research scientist at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Heat transfer
- Bubble acoustics.
- Dzaharudin F, Ooi A, Manasseh R. Effects of boundary proximity on monodispersed microbubbles in ultrasonic fields (vol 410, pg 330, 2017). JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 438. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsv.2018.09.034
- Yamamoto E, Thondapu V, Poon K, Sugiyama T, Fracassi F, Dijkstra J, Lee H, Ooi A, Barlis P, Jang IK. Endothelial Shear Stress and Plaque Erosion: A Computational Fluid Dynamics and Optical Coherence Tomography Study. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 12, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2018.07.024
- Jiang B, Thondapu V, Poon K, Barlis P, Ooi A. Numerical Study of Incomplete Stent Apposition Caused by Deploying Undersized Stent in Arteries with Elliptical Cross Sections. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. ASME International. 2019, Vol. 141, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1115/1.4042899
- Lam WK, Chan L, Hasini H, Ooi A. An analysis of two-dimensional stratified gravity current flow using open FOAM. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE). 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 4. DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.35.22919
- Sandberg R, Tan R, Weatheritt J, Ooi A, Haghiri A, Michelassi V, Laskowski G. APPLYING MACHINE LEARNT EXPLICIT ALGEBRAIC STRESS AND SCALAR FLUX MODELS TO A FUNDAMENTAL TRAILING EDGE SLOT. ASME Turbo Expo: Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition. ASME International. 2018, Vol. 5A-2018. DOI: 10.1115/GT2018-75444
- Sandberg R, Tan R, Weatheritt J, Ooi A, Haghiri A, Michelassi V, Laskowski G. Applying Machine Learnt Explicit Algebraic Stress and Scalar Flux Models to a Fundamental Trailing Edge Slot. JOURNAL OF TURBOMACHINERY-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. ASME International. 2018, Vol. 140, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1115/1.4041268
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Bulk scaling in wall-bounded and homogeneous vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 841. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.102
- Keough S, Stephens DW, Philip J, Ooi A, Monty J. CFD simulations of vertical surface piercing circular cylinders and comparison against experiments. 21st Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. 2018.
- George N, Philip J, Ooi A. Direct Numerical Simulation of Confined Wall Plumes. 21st Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. 2018.
- MacDonald M, Ooi A, Garcia-Mayoral R, Hutchins N, Chung D. Direct numerical simulation of high aspect ratio spanwise-aligned bars. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 843. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.150
- Tenekecioglu E, Torii R, Katagiri Y, Asano T, Modolo R, Miyazaki Y, Chichareon P, Poon K, Gijsen F, Thondapu V, Van Klaveren D, Jonker H, Ooi A, Barlis P, Collet C, Onuma Y, Bourantas CV, Serruys PW. Early strut protrusion and late neointima thickness in Absorb bioresorbable scaffold: A serial wall shear stress analysis up to five years.. EuroIntervention. Europa Edition. 2018. DOI: 10.4244/EIJ-D-18-00381
- Poon K, Thondapu V, Hayat U, Barlis P, Yap CY, Kuo P-H, Wang Q, Ma J, Zhu S, Moore S, Ooi A. Elevated Blood Viscosity and Microrecirculation Resulting From Coronary Stent Malapposition. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICAL ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. ASME International. 2018, Vol. 140, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1115/1.4039306
- Thondapu V, Tenekecioglu E, Poon K, Collet C, Torii R, Bourantas CV, Chin C, Sotomi Y, Jonker H, Dijkstra J, Revalor E, Gijsen F, Onuma Y, Ooi A, Barlis P, Serruys PW. Endothelial shear stress 5 years after implantation of a coronary bioresorbable scaffold. EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL. WB Saunders Co. 2018, Vol. 39, Issue 18. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx810
- Akbaridoust F, De Silva C, Brazilek R, Chen X, Tovar-Lopez F, Poon K, Ooi A, Mitchell A, Nesbitt W, Nandurkar H, Marusic I. Examining flow dynamics of platelet function in micro-contractions using micro-PIV. 21st Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. Australasian Fluid Mechanics Society. 2018.
- Sutherland D, Philip J, Ooi A, Moinuddin KAM. Large Eddy Simulation of Flow Over Streamwise Heterogeneous Canopies: Quadrant Analysis. 21st Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile