Professor Andrew Ooi
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent flow
Professor Andrew Ooi is an academic staff member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Associate Dean (Academic) in the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Prof Ooi graduated with a BEng in 1993 and PhD in 1997 from the University of Melbourne. Prior to his current appointment, Andrew worked at the Center for Turbulence Research (CTR) at NASA Ames, Stanford University and as a research scientist at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Heat transfer
- Bubble acoustics.
- Lam WK, Chan L, Hasini H, Ooi A. An analysis of two-dimensional stratified gravity current flow using open FOAM. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE). 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 4. DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.35.22919
- Sandberg R, Tan R, Weatheritt J, Ooi A, Haghiri A, Michelassi V, Laskowski G. Applying machine learnt explicit algebraic stress and scalar flux models to a fundamental trailing edge slot. Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo. 2018, Vol. 5A-2018. DOI: 10.1115/GT2018-75444
- Sandberg R, Tan R, Weatheritt J, Ooi A, Haghiri A, Michelassi V, Laskowski G. Applying Machine Learnt Explicit Algebraic Stress and Scalar Flux Models to a Fundamental Trailing Edge Slot. JOURNAL OF TURBOMACHINERY-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. ASME International. 2018, Vol. 140, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1115/1.4041268
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Bulk scaling in wall-bounded and homogeneous vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 841. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.102
- MacDonald M, Ooi A, Garcia-Mayoral R, Hutchins N, Chung D. Direct numerical simulation of high aspect ratio spanwise-aligned bars. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 843. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.150
- Tenekecioglu E, Torii R, Katagiri Y, Asano T, Modolo R, Miyazaki Y, Chichareon P, Poon K, Gijsen F, Thondapu V, Van Klaveren D, Jonker H, Ooi A, Barlis P, Collet C, Onuma Y, Bourantas CV, Serruys PW. Early strut protrusion and late neointima thickness in Absorb bioresorbable scaffold: A serial wall shear stress analysis up to five years.. EuroIntervention. Europa Edition. 2018. DOI: 10.4244/EIJ-D-18-00381
- Poon K, Thondapu V, Hayat U, Barlis P, Yap CY, Kuo P-H, Wang Q, Ma J, Zhu S, Moore S, Ooi A. Elevated Blood Viscosity and Microrecirculation Resulting From Coronary Stent Malapposition. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICAL ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. ASME International. 2018, Vol. 140, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1115/1.4039306
- Thondapu V, Tenekecioglu E, Poon K, Collet C, Torii R, Bourantas CV, Chin C, Sotomi Y, Jonker H, Dijkstra J, Revalor E, Gijsen F, Onuma Y, Ooi A, Barlis P, Serruys PW. Endothelial shear stress 5 years after implantation of a coronary bioresorbable scaffold. EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL. WB Saunders Co. 2018, Vol. 39, Issue 18. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx810
- Mathupriya P, Chan L, Hasini H, Ooi A. Numerical study of flow characteristics around confined cylinder using openFOAM. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE). 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 4. DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.35.22925
- Chan L, MacDonald M, Chung D, Hutchins N, Ooi A. Secondary motion in turbulent pipe flow with three-dimensional roughness. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 854. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.570
- Chan L, MacDonald M, Chung D, Hutchins N, Ooi A. Analysis of the coherent and turbulent stresses of a numerically simulated rough wall pipe. 15th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics (15ACFM). Institute of Physics Publishing. 2017, Vol. 822, Issue 1. Editors: Tso CP. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/822/1/012011
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Changes in the boundary-layer structure at the edge of the ultimate regime in vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2017, Vol. 825. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2017.387
- Chen WX, Poon K, Hutchins N, Thondapu V, Barlis P, Ooi A. Computational fluid dynamics study of common stent models inside idealised curved coronary arteries. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2017.1289374
- Poon K, Thondapu V, Revalor E, Ooi A, Barlis P. Coronary optical coherence tomography-derived virtual fractional flow reserve (FFR): anatomy and physiology all-in-one. EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL. WB Saunders Co. 2017, Vol. 38, Issue 48. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx594
- MacDonald M, Ooi A, Hutchins N, Chung D. Direct numerical simulation of high aspect ratio spanwise-aligned bars. 10th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena, TSFP 2017. 2017, Vol. 3. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.150
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile