Associate Professor Denny Oetomo
- Robotics in Biomedical Applications
I am an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. I am currently the deputy head (engagement) of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and assistant dean (communications) of the Melbourne School of Engineering.
For information on my work, please go here. I graduated B.Eng (hons 1) from the Australian National University in Nov 1997 and completed his PhD (Mechanical Engineering - Robotics) at the National University of Singapore (2004). I was a Research Fellow with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University (2004-2006), a Post-doctoral Fellow in a European Union Project at INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France (Nov 2006 - Jan 2008), and a fixed-term lecturer with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University (2006-2007). I joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne in Jan 2008.
Main area of research is in robotics and its applications. In recent years, I have focused my research in the area of robotics in medical and clinical applications.
I was the recipient of a recipient of the Cornelius Regan Trust Award in 2012 on effective large class learning program and the Norman Curry Award for Innovation and Excellence in Educational Programs in 2014 for innovation and excellence in the Formulae SAE program at the University of Melbourne
- Eden J, Song C, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Lau D. CASPR-ROS: A generalised cable robot software in ROS for hardware. Mechanisms and Machine Science. 2018, Vol. 53. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-61431-1_5
- Fong J, Tan Y, Crocher V, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Dual-loop iterative optimal control for the finite horizon LQR problem with unknown dynamics. SYSTEMS & CONTROL LETTERS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 111. DOI: 10.1016/j.sysconle.2017.11.002
- Wu W, Fong J, Crocher V, Lee V, Oetomo D, Tan Y, Ackland D. Modulation of shoulder muscle and joint function using a powered upper-limb exoskeleton. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 72. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2018.02.019
- Shin J, Zhong Y, Oetomo D, Gu C. Random weighting, strong tracking, and unscented Kalman filter for soft tissue characterization. Sensors (Switzerland). Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 5. DOI: 10.3390/s18051650
- Mokhtarzadeh H, Yeow CH, Goh JCH, Oetomo D, Ewing K, Lee P. Antagonist muscle co-contraction during a double-leg landing maneuver at two heights. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 13. DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2017.1366992
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Design of Feedback Gain in Feedback-Based Iterative Learning Control. 11th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2017.
- Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. EMU: A transparent 3D robotic manipulandum for upper-limb rehabilitation. IEEE International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICORR.2017.8009341
- Mahdizadeh A, Schmid R, Oetomo D. Enhanced Energy Capture of Wind Turbines by Exact Output Regulation. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Mandizadeh A, Schmid R, Oetomo D. Fatigue Load Mitigation in Multi-megawatt Wind Turbines Using Output Regulation Control. 2017 21ST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM THEORY, CONTROL AND COMPUTING (ICSTCC). IEEE. 2017. Editors: Kloetzer M, Ferariu L. DOI: 10.1109/ICSTCC.2017.8107028
- Mohammadi A, Lavranos J, Howe R, Choong P, Oetomo D. Grasp Specific and User Friendly Interface Design for Myoelectric Hand Prostheses. 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON REHABILITATION ROBOTICS (ICORR). IEEE. 2017. Editors: Amirabdollahian F, Burdet E, Masia L. DOI: 10.1109/ICORR.2017.8009480
- Leong F, Mohammadi A, Tan Y, Thiruchelvam D, Valdastri P, Oetomo D. Magnetic Interactions of Neighbouring Stator Sets in Multi DOF Local Electromagnetic Actuation for Robotic Abdominal Surgery. 2017 IEEE/RSJ INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTELLIGENT ROBOTS AND SYSTEMS (IROS). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-September. Editors: Bicchi A, Okamura A. DOI: 10.1109/IROS.2017.8206463
- Mohammadi A, Samsonas D, Leong F, Tan Y, Thiruchelvam D, Valdastri P, Oetomo D. Modeling and Control of Local Electromagnetic Actuation for Robotic-Assisted Surgical Devices. IEEE-ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 22, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1109/TMECH.2017.2764465
- Zhou S-H, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Freeman C, Burdet E, Mareels I. Modeling of Endpoint Feedback Learning Implemented Through Point-to-Point Learning Control. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2016.2615083
- Shaw Cortez W, Oetomo D, Manzie C, Choong P. Robust Object Manipulation for Prosthetic Hand Applications. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2017.8264539
- Ljesnjanin M, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Freeman CT. Spatial Iterative Learning Control: Output Tracking. 20th World Congress of the International-Federation-of-Automatic-Control (IFAC). Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.166
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile